Thursday, August 9, 2012

Epilogue To The Boston Trip

I had an awesome though brief time in Boston. One day trips are what I seem to be able to fit into my busy schedule. Boston is a nice small city. But I have to admit to something to you all, there is a reason why NYC is NYC.

Things close early in Boston. By 6pm the gift store in South Station was closed. So any hope of getting something there went bye bye. Now take the example of NYC. I get off the train at 2:10am at Penn Station and at least one of every shop and or eatery was open. You could even get "I love NYC" hats and shirts 3 for $30. That's how you make money folks. There is a reason why this city has the moniker of "The City That Never Sleeps". It doesn't.

There's not much of a feeling like stepping out of Penn Station on 7th Avenue and 31st by Madison Square Garden, getting hit by a wall of humidity while looking north up 7th and seeing the bright lights of Times Square turning night into day.

Yes, Dorothy was right. There is NO place like home.

FH

No comments: